I'm running a little late with this so I'll post it briefly now before it's too out of date. My favourite films of 2009 were:
- Synecdoche, New York – currently my favourite film ever.
- Antichrist – although I had my eyes closed for a couple of bits
- Morris: A Life with Bells On – I had a great time seeing this at the Duke of York's, surrounded by real-life morris dancers
- Up – although mostly for the first five minutes.
- The Wrestler
– I was underwhelmed when I watched this, because the ending seemed a
disappointment, but I found myself thinking about it a lot afterwards.
I didn't see as many movies last year as in 2008, and I missed a few
that looked amazing. I was underwhelmed by both Moon and
District 9, which seemed illogical and obvious. I'm not sure why they
received the acclaim they did.