It’s Halloween 2019, and we’re about five hours from the time when we were supposed to leave the EU. And we’re still here.
To mark the deadline, I’ve been organising hexit with Cat Vincent, the Indelicates and Sooxanne. Hexit is a group of artists, musicians and magicians coming together in a creative ritual to curse Brexit. This ritual will be broadcast on Internet radio station Radio23, and will culminate shortly after 11pm tonight, the time scheduled for leaving the EU. People are invited to join us, listen to the contributions, and to add their energy to that of the ritual. Among the works involved are songs, poems, sound sigils, mixtapes.
The hexit player and full instructions are at https://radio23.co.uk/hexit.html
Putting this all together has been hard work. (“Let’s do something online rather than doing an event. It will be easier to organise…”). Still, helping to run Pilgrim Radio in April was good training for this: precision discordianism! And it’s been amazing to see all the different pieces come together. I didn’t manage to get my own piece in, but that can wait for another day.
The exact lineup is subject to change (just like the deadline for Brexit, amiright?) but the schedule currently is:
- Throughout: Deity Galaxies by Dan Sumption.
- 2031 – EVP by the Indelicates
- 2033 – Everything English is the Enemy by the Indelicates
- 2038 – Juniverbrecher by the Indelicates
- 2041 – Hexit Jingle by Ryder
- 2042 – THE UNREVERSING – a Magickal Musickal Spell to Dispel the Mean Spirited Conjurings of the Brexitassembled by Pilgrim and printer Graham Evans on behalf of the Kokopelli Foundation and Bridge Construction Enterprises Unlimited
- 2105 – Hexit by Chris Parkinson
- 2109 – Amorphous Albion (excerpt) by Ben Graham
- 2113 – Hexamaton Mix 001
- 2117 – Ash, Cadbury Castle: A Lament by Michael James Parker
- 2118 – HEXIT by Texture
- 2122 – The Weatherman (He got it wrong) by David Devant & his Spirit Wife
- 2127 – Tractors Turning by Alexander Velky
- 2137 – Mr Larceny
- 2141 – Hopelessness Figure by Verity Spott
- 2148 – A Brexit report by the other 27 countries in the European Union
- 2154 – Changing the Guard by Adrian Reynolds
- 2157 – Devil’s Fairground by Foz Foster
- 2201 – brexitmeansbrexit
- 2205 – So long, Professor Bloom by Campbell Edinborough
- 2218 – ‘The Deadends (in search of truth)’ – A documentary by Dr Mikey B Georgeson
- 2220 – Hexit Jingle
- 2221 – Maypitt by Kemper Norton
- 2229 – Nick Hudson with The Academy Of Sun
- 2238 – Rise Up from Armageddon Gospels
- 2241 – You Army by Sombras
- 2243 – Sea Sings to Stone by Craig ‘VI’ Slee
- 2253 – John Higgs reads Deborah Turnbull’s poem Impact
- 2253 – A Sigil of Hexit: Composed and expelled by Sue Bradley and Sooxanne
- 2300 – Cat Vincent and the Indelicates: A Banishing
3 thoughts on “hexit day”
Will it be recorded?
We’re hoping to do something. We were so focused on getting the main broadcast out, this didn’t occur to us until quite late. But we are working on it.
Do you have a recording of the show?